Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dip & Bite Baby!

We've just received our 3rd farm box of veggies and there's a little more variety. In addition to the greens that I mentioned in my last post, this week's box also included broccoli and Hakurei (Spring) turnips. I'm not a fan of broccoli and I've never cooked nor eaten a turnip in my life...should be an interesting week in the kitchen.





Clara has been very excited to pick up our share at the farmer's market each week. She's also been my big helper in the kitchen when all of the veggies need to be cleaned up and put away. This week she wouldn't stop talking about the broccoli. Odd since, as I just told you, broccoli is not my fave and hasn't been included in our meals often. Maybe it's her age or just a phase but Clara loves to dip. I mean, you can give this kid almost anything and if she can dip it into a sauce, she will eat it! Naturally, when it was dinner time the day we brought home the farm box she said that she wanted broccoli and, lo and behold, ate an entire bowl of raw broccoli! Wow, did I feel like super-mom...even if I didn't eat a bite of it. : ) Yes, she dipped the broccoli into a small amount of ranch dressing. I say this is a small price to pay to get some green veggies into a toddler's diet.

I'm off to search online recipes for anything including turnips. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That's great. Jacob use to but now he won't come close to it. Daniel will if it's covered in cheese and only the tree part not the stem part. I hope that stays with her the rest of her life. Now me on the other hand I love broccoli, raw or cooked.

    ReplyDelete